Croydon Pet Hospital is able to cater to a wide range of unusual and exotic pet species, and we are passionate about providing a high standard of care to our smaller animal friends.
Our exotics vet, Dr. Belinda Oppenheimer, is one of only a handful of veterinarians in the country to hold Membership with the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists in the field of Unusual Pets, indicating a high level of dedication and training in their care.
Services we offer
- Routine health and husbandry checks. The most important thing you can do for your unusual pet is ensure you are caring for them right!
- Vaccinations (rabbits)
- Surgical and chemical de sexing options (rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, rats and mice).
- Consultations for unwell exotic pets or those with health concerns.
- Dental checks
- Grooming and nail clips
- Pathology services (blood collection, urine assessment, lump sampling, cytology)
- Emergency assessment and triage (please note we are not a 24 hour service)
- Exotic pet surgery
- Lots of love!
We are happy to assess rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, rats, mice, birds (avian services more limited)... and yes we are happy to see your lizards, turtles and snakes too!